Drawn to Brilliance. Brutally Honest.

Agree or disagree, feel free to comment...HERE!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fashion Tips For Atlanta's Best-Dressed Men


By A. Scott Walton
Are you one of the many men who feel stuck in a love-hate relationship with their wardrobes? Or, perhaps you're a lady who's recently grown weary with her man's appearance.
Those tweeds and woolens and corduroys may have looked chic and felt cozy all winter long. But you know what they say: familiarity breeds contempt.
If you're tired of the same ol'-same ol', but practical enough to realize it's still too cold out to leap to the lighter side of your wardrobe, help has arrived.
The proprietor of the posh Ken Barber Clothing boutique in Atlanta's swank West Midtown district kindly stepped forward, at EyeSeeStyle's request, to offer style tips that soothe the transition between seasons.
We call this webisode, "Five Easy Pieces". Give it a look, and if you have any other style questions that need addressing, enter them in the COMMENT box below. EyeSeeStyle will get you answers.



















An urban "go-getter" look by Atlanta accessories designer Malcom Fontier

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a fashion tip for Atlanta's Best-Dressed Men......bring back Jeffrey Banks and Willi Smith! What ever happened to those guys? Are they on Facebook? I think Willi may have succumbed to a terminal disease but there have got to be some patterns and sketches tucked away somewhere. I had a linen WilliWear suit back in the day and I killed 'em everytime I wore it. I also had a Jeffrey Banks blue striped dress shirt with a white collar. After all, it is Black History Month.

A. Scott Walton said...

Hey Anonymous friend,
You raise some great points. Yes, Mr. Smith passed many years ago. I'm like use: I've got one of his black, raw silk, double-breasted suits that I can't bear to part with even though I doubt I've worn it once in the past decade. Collector's item I guess. As for Mr. Banks, he's alive and well: doing "custom" work mainly and ghost-designing for various houses.
You seem like you know your stuff. Please feel free to shoot me ideas for future posts, or write one of your own. The more the merrier!