Drawn to Brilliance. Brutally Honest.

Agree or disagree, feel free to comment...HERE!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is Beyonce's New Fragrance 'Heat' A Hot Mess?

Faithful EyeSeeStyle readers may recall that, three months ago, this spot cast a sideways glance at Beyonce's legal struggles over the rights to her Sasha Fierce stage personna. It threatened the payout she stood to reach from Coty, which planned a planetary perfume launch with her name affixed to it.
Apparently, Abercrombie & Fitch (the chain that's sold its own scent, called "Fierce", for years) had a stronger hand in the court battle. Coty and Beyonce have skirted the issue entirely, WWD.com reports, and plan an early 2010 campaign for "Heat" by Beyonce, instead.
WWD's report says as much as $300 million is at stake on this venture, and quotes Beyonce gushing: "I always asked myself, ‘If I could have my own scent, what would it be?’ ... I wanted to make sure that it was something I would love forever.”
To boost sales, Beyonce's butchered/recorded a remake of the Peggy Lee classic serenade, "Fever".
Smells like desperation to me.

Will you turn your nose up at Beyonce's scent as well?

2 comments:

OURBLOGREVIEW said...

Happy New Year,Your blog is very good, also your post is very interesting, go on to write, congratulations to you, do not forget to visit my blog,I kiss your ads kiss me back, thank you.

A. Scott Walton said...

hey, happy '10 to you. thanks for the comment. your site is truly impressive. i'll be checking back on it because it seems packed with good info. peace. scott