Drawn to Brilliance. Brutally Honest.

Agree or disagree, feel free to comment...HERE!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Atlanta's Superb New Restaurant: Serpas


Chef/owner Scott Serpa (above center) final-touching dishes in his airy new restaurant

I'm no "dining critic".
I just know what I like.
And falling upon the very new Serpas True Food restaurant in Atlanta's old Fourth Ward (a stone's throw from the historic MLK home on Auburn Avenue) was as close to love-at-first-sight as it gets.






The Serpa "true food" take on crispy duck rolls ($8) and chopped caesar oning ring tower ($8)
Based strictly on "the calamari test" alone, Serpas True Food is delicious.









Sam Gris (the bachelor) on his maiden Serpa sortee
I only wound up at Serpas in the first place because an old chum (found on FaceBook) thought the Studioplex Art Walk (every second Wednesday) would be a good way to reunite and chug free drinks. (Kudos to former mayoral spokesman Nick Gold for rallying the Studioplex troops.)














The unknown, "imposing" Serpa greeter

I can barely spell "ambience"; but Serpas True Food's got it. Dim lighting. Bright fixtures. Stacked slate wall. Massive window installations. "Arena" seating overlooking the kitchen. Genteel clientele that looks like it should be dining north of Sidney Marcus. Etc.















Serpa bartender "Lauren"; keeper of the lost phone


Best of all, someone happened upon my new BlackBerry on the floor (I'd dropped it in my haste to get home and watch the premiere of "Uneven Fairways" on The Golf Channel), and it was cheerfully handed back over to me when I rushed back (after the show).
I know hip urban restaurants tend to come and go. But, trust me, Serpas is the truth.

No comments: